Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 5th

March 5th will always be an important day for Cody and I. March 5, 2013 is the day we got the best phone call from a doctor telling us that our long struggle of infertility was over and we were finally pregnant. There was so much excitement, tears of joy, and a sense of relief that we were finally going to be parents after a nearly three year struggle. So many thoughts ran through my head that day. Is it a boy or girl? Will it be twins? What will our baby grow up to become? There was never a sense of worry or fear.
 
March 5th marks the day we found out we were going to have a baby. Little did we know that this day would also signify the day that we learned that I had a little soldier for Heaven growing inside me. Jesus knew how important this little baby would be. Even though we didn't know whether or not we were having a boy or girl, God knew we had Hayes growing and God also knew that he was going to be His soldier.
 
Our baby is a soldier in Heaven! This thought makes me smile. I picture our Hayes as the little soldier that was drawn by Precious Moments creator, Sam Butcher. The drawing is titled, Onward Christian Soldier. It's a little boy holding a shield and sword, his helmet is too big and covering one eye, (almost like my favorite picture of Hayes, except it's his NICU blanket covering one eye) there are a few bandages on his face, but he's smiling. I know our Hayes is a soldier in Heaven for us, fighting for us to continue to get stronger and smiling the entire time. He has the most precious smile. Even though I only saw it for a split second, his smile is forever engraved in my memory. March 5th. What a beautiful day. WE will forever be parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment