Sunday, October 20, 2013

Heaven's Babysitters

We've received many cards, emails and texts over the last few months since our sweet baby Hayes went to be with Jesus in Heaven. Out of all the cards, there is one that makes me cry just thinking about it. The tears that I shed are not tears of sadness, but tears of joy. This card was sent to us from Cody's aunt and her words gave me such solace on a day that I just didn't feel as though I would be able to shake my grief. Cody's Aunt Jackie wrote, My prayers are with you. You are so loved by me. I find comfort knowing Meme met Hayes at Heaven's gates and asking Jesus, "Lord may I hold him?" After I read this card for the first time and as tears streamed down my face, a beautiful picture came into view. I know Jesus was there in that Temple, Texas NICU room and gently removed Hayes from my arms to cradle him in his strong arms. I can picture Hayes gazing at Jesus as he was told that they were going on a new journey to meet some amazing people. I see Cody's Meme and Papa, my Granny and Grandpa, as well as my Memaw all waiting at Heaven's gates trying to get a glimpse of their new great grandson. I imagine that there was such joy when our grandparents were able to hold Hayes for the first time. Along with Jesus, what amazing babysitters for our sweet baby Hayes while he waits for his Mommy and Daddy to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment