Sunday, October 13, 2013

Two paths of trust and faith

As I was driving yesterday, I started to think of the faith and trust that I must have in God to carry me through this difficult time. I must remind myself that God is good and that he will guide my ways. My husband and I could have chosen to stay in a pit of darkness cloaked by our sadness over the loss of our son Hayes, or we can find the courage to get out of bed each morning and honor him in every way possible. Praise God that he has given us the courage and He has not let the enemy take us over. We know God will not let us fall into a numbing routine that causes us to disappoint our son in Heaven.

But then another thought hit me. God has so much faith in me. He chose me to carry Hayes and he chose me to be his Mommy. He chose my husband to be Hayes' Daddy. God trusts us to forever honor our son's memory every waking moment. What faith he has in us and we are not going to let God or our son down! We choose, no, we demand ourselves to keep the faith in Him. We find the courage to direct our eyes towards the Heavens to find strength. There is just no other way!

I long to hear the words, "Mommy I love you". And I pray daily that God will bless my husband and me with brothers and sisters for Hayes. I also know, that one day, God will take my husband and me away, and we will be going home to be with our Hayes. When we get there, he'll be waiting, and I know he's going to say, "Welcome home Mommy and Daddy. I love you."

3 comments:

  1. We love Hayes, Cody, and you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me with all of the strength that you continue to show every day. You are an amazing woman my sweet Ginny and I love you, Cody and Hayes more than you know. Love, Chanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny - your words are so touching. I know Hayes will always be with you and Cody.

    ReplyDelete